Rice with red beans or “Diri kolé” in creole-speaking is one of the most …
Pikliz, is a Haitian salad of cabbage, carrots, onions, peppers and Caribbean chilies. The seasoning is made from lime juice or white vinegar.
Pikliz, is an accompaniment for “bananes pesées” (plantain), the griot (pork meat), “accras” and grilled chicken.
For 6 people
Preparation: 30 minutes
Time break: 5h00 to the fridge
- 500g white cabbage
- 200g of carrots
- 1 white onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 Caribbean peppers
- 2 limes or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- grate the cabbage, carrots
- Slice the onions, the peppers and the Caribbean chilies finely (careful to wear gloves for the Caribbean chilies ;))
- Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper and the Caribbean peppers.
- Mix and place it in a tightly closed jar in the fridge for 5 hours.
Stay connected with Cuisine Planete:
- Web site: http://cuisine-planete.com
- Facebook @cuisineplanete
- Instagram @cuisineplanete