An express version without ice-cream maker of the traditional West Indian coconut sorbet. The texture will …
Rice with red beans or “Diri kolé” in creole-speaking is one of the most popular dishes of Haiti, why it’s named Haitian national rice.
For 6 people
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1H30mn
- 300g of red beans
- 500g of rice (basmati)
- 100g of smoked bacon
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 125 ml of olive oil
- 5 cloves
- Spices: thyme, flat parsley, bay leaf
- 1 Caribbean pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 2 Maggi cubes (chicken)
- Let soak red beans washed in cold water overnight.
- In a pressure cooker, cook red beans in 2 liters of water, bring to the boil for 30 minutes (beans should be tender).
- Place in a corner the water from the beans.
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic.
- Cook all with heat olive oil, 5 minutes over medium. Add the beans and sauté 5 minutes.
- Then embed cloves, all the spices and the water of broth from the beans, salt, pepper, and 2 cubes Maggi.
- Boil the beans for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the rice (washed) and cook over low heat, stirring until the complete absorption of water more or less 30 minutes
- Web site: http://cuisine-planete.com
- Facebook @cuisineplanete
- Instagram @cuisineplanete